Lis loves experimenting with cooking and baking. She’s also very committed to providing local organic and spray free ingredients for the B&B breakfasts. In her spare time she enjoys growing as much of our fruits and vegetables as possible, and bottling, drying and freezing. Most of what you will be served is made from “scratch”
Our breakfasts consist of the following items: starters of –
- fruit juice
- Either bircher muesli, fresh fruit salad, or Fruit and yogurt parfait
- tea and coffee
- Raspberry white chocolate pancakes with our freshly picked berries (in season) and creme de fraises
- Herb omelette with sour dough bread and freshly harvested vegetables braised in lemon coriander oil
- French toast with poached plums and flaked almonds
- Potato pesto frittata with tomato and avocado salsa
- Blueberry lemon pancakes with honeyd yoghurt
- 3 cheese baked omellete with garden vegetables
We cater for vegan as well as wheat and gluten intolerance and any food allergies. We are also happy to cater for the more health conscious – please contact us at time of booking and mention your preferences.
When you first arrive at Cats Pjamas you will be offered a cold drink, tea or coffee as well as home baked goodies. During your stay you will also find a night snack when you return in the evening. A fresh bowl of fruitin season is always available as well as tea,coffee and non alcoholic drinks.
90% of everything we serve you will either be organic or spray free.
When the weather permits – which is most of the year -we serve breakfast on our large deck overlooking the Waimea estuary and mountains beyond.