Besides low trafficked roads with either hills or flats and endless scenery, we are five kilometres from the Great Taste Trail. Phone me and I’m happy to collect you from the nearest trail head. We are also 30 min drive from the great mountain bike trails in both Nelson and kaiteriteri. Both areas offer bike rental if you haven’t brought your own. Trail Journeys in Mapua offers a wonderful service where you cycle to Kaiteriteri, enjoy an excursion into Abel Tasman National Park, and are delivered back to Mapua via bus at the end of the day.
Amenities at Cats Pjamas for cyclists in general:
- Fully equipped bike repair shop
- Secure bicycle lock up
- Laundry facilities
- We can collect you with our bike rack from near-by if you break down or bonk
- We collect and deliver to the Great Taste Trail in Mapua ( 5 km away)
- Endless yarns of bike trips, competitions, conquests and failures (when Chris is home)
- Where to ride your bike and local cycling resources.
We are ideally situated for road and mountain bike rides. If you want to practice your time trial, turn left out the drive and enjoy about 20 km of flat roads with little traffic. Fancy some hill rides? Turn right and you’ll hit the hills. Spectacular scenery as well.
Here are some ride sheets that Chris has prepared.
- ~120 km Motueka Circuit Road Ride You can do less!
- ~90 km to Pohara, Golden Bay Ride to Pohara with a 800 m climb
- ~35 km to Richmond on Great Taste Trail
If you are a mountain biker, Rabbit Island is only 15 minutes riding away. You will find several kilometers of single track trails suitable for riders of all abilities. There are other areas on the island to explore as well. You can then return via the Mapua ferry. For more serious mountain biking check out the Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park. There are lots of mountain bike tracks in the Richmond Ranges and around Nelson.