Because of Chris’ involvement with Triathlon and Ironman, and our general love affair with bikes we’re well positioned to cater for both triathletes and cycle tourists.
If you are a triathlete Cats Pjamas offers you the following:
- Endless Pool for an excellent workout and to refine your swim technique (it’s amazing what the mirror on the bottom of the pool shows you!)
- Computrainer which allows you to ride quite a few different Ironman courses. Alternatively, you can try a DVD such as Spinervals or Sufferfest
- Rowing Machine for a good upper body workout
- Low trafficked roads with either hills or flats and endless scenery, as well as Abel Tasman national park for some good off road runs.
- Weights and balance ball
- Strengthening DVD’s such as P90X and Insanity
- Magmed Sauna to relax and unwind in
- Protein drinks and home made energy bars
Amenities at Cats Pjamas for cyclists in general:
- Safe bike lock up
- Fully equipped bike repair shop
- Laundry facilities
- We can collect you with our bike rack from near-by if you break down or bonk
- We collect and deliver to the Great Taste Trail in Mapua ( 5 km away)
- Endless yarns of bike trips, competitions, conquests and failures (when Chris is home)
- Great selection of cycling (and triathlon) DVDs and books
Where to ride your bike and local cycling resources.
We are ideally situated for road and mountain bike rides. If you want to practice your time trial, turn left out the drive and enjoy about 20 km of flat roads with little traffic. Fancy some hill rides? Turn right and you’ll hit the hills. Spectacular scenery as well.
Here are some ride sheets that Chris has prepared.
- ~120 km Motueka Circuit Road Ride You can do less!
- ~90 km to Pohara, Golden Bay Ride to Pohara with a 800 m climb
- ~35 km to Richmond on Great Taste Trail
If you are a mountain biker, Rabbit Island is only 15 minutes riding away. You will find several kilometers of single track trails suitable for riders of all abilities. There are other areas on the island to explore as well. You can then return via the Mapua ferry. For more serious mountain biking check out the Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park. There are lots of mountain bike tracks in the Richmond Ranges and around Nelson.