Last Update: 15 May 2019
- Kikorangi Cottage (referred to as “the Site”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is aware of the importance of security and privacy for the information that we store and provide.
Who Are We?
- Kikorangi Cottage is a self contained accommodation located at 92 Bay Vista Drive, RD1, Takaka 7183.
What Personal Information Do We Collect For Our Business?
- When you visit www.kikorangicottage.nz (“the Site”), we automatically collect “Device Information” which tells us certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, location, time zone, and potentially cookies that are installed on your device. As you browse the Site, we may collect information on how you interact with the Site, such as the individual web pages or products that you view. We may also collect data on what websites or search terms referred you to the Site.
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are small text data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Site or our services. Examples of the cookies we use are:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- “Log files” monitor your interactions with the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- When you make a booking through the Site, we collect “Booking Information” from you, including your name, billing address, and email address.
Personal Information on Minors
- We do not allow minors (persons under the age of 18) to use our site.
Your Data Protection Rights
- You have the following rights with regards to the personal information we keep on file for you:
- Sharing information. You have the “data portability right” wherein you can request us to share your information with other organizations of your choice—such as race organizers. There may be a cost for this service depending on the nature of the request.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- Kikorangi Cottage uses the data collected for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Kikorangi Cottage services—in particular sending out messages related to bookings;
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve Kikorangi Cottage web site; and,
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to:
- Screen for potential risk and fraud; and,
- Improve the user experience and optimize our Site.
- We use the Booking Information that we collect to:
- Manage bookings placed through the site;
- Process payments for Bookings;
- Send invoices and confirmations.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
- We employ third party companies and individuals to provide development and technical support ("Service Providers"). These third parties may have access to your Personal Information, but only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We do not share your Personal Information with third parties, except when related to a Booking made through your travel agent.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. Kikorangi Cottage may therefore disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Kikorangi Cottage;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Kikorangi Cottage services;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Kikorangi Cottage services or the public; and/or,
- To protect against legal liability.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- We keep your Personal Information for seven years for reconciling our New Zealand tax obligations.
Where Does Your Personal Information Reside?
- The Site is hosted by 1and1 IONOS, a web hosting company owned by United Internet, a German internet company. It has data centres in Europe and the USA.
- Your Personal Information is therefore being transferred to—and maintained on— computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction. Please be aware that the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- Processing of your Personal Information—in particular your Booking information—will be done in New Zealand and other jurisdictions where Kikorangi Cottage has Service Providers.
Links to Other Sites
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How Secure is Your Personal Information?
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we regret that we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Consider Your Own Security
- Since you will be providing your Personal Information, you should properly secure your computer. To help do this, you can use anti-spyware and virus protection software. You can also restrict access to your computer (for example, by using a strong password for your computer login and a network firewall).
- Accidental access could be obtained by leaving yourself logged on and leaving your computer unattended, ‘over-the-shoulder’ access or from unsecure print-outs of your information.
- Unauthorised access could involve someone who is known to you guessing your password or a stranger/hacker circumventing our security measures. Social engineering is the easiest way to achieve unauthorised access to your information. To prevent this never give your access details to anyone, this includes your password.
- By visiting this page on our website: www.kikorangicottage.nz.