Terms and Conditions
Last Update: 15 May 2019
Our room tariff includes GST. What you see is what you pay!
Please note our Cancellation Policy:
- Your booking is fully refundable up until fourteen (14) days before your arrival.
- Withing fourteen (14) days from your arrival date your booking becomes non-refundable and fully payable.
- In case of emergency we will refund at our discretion.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- These Booking Terms apply to the business named Kikorangi Cottage. Our officers, employees and agents (“We”/”Us”/”Our”) and the person or legal entity making the Booking or to whom We supply services in respect of the Booking(“You/Your”). By making a Booking You are deemed to accept these Booking Terms.
Adherence to Terms
- We have a right to terminate a booking without refund if guests do not adhere to our terms, conditions, policies and house rules or behave in anyway that is abusive, dangerous and generally unacceptable.
Arrival and Departure
- Check in time is 3:00 pm unless otherwise agreed in writing and check out is 10:00 am again unless agreed otherwise. All outstanding costs incurred by you during your stay must be settled up before departure.
- A $10 surcharge will be applied for each lost key.
- Sorry no pets are allowed.
- As it is only a one bedroom cottage there is no room to accommodate children.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the cottage. You are welcome to smoke outside on the deck and containers with sand will be provided to guests who wish to smoke. Guests must ensure that cigarettes/cigars are extinguished properly.
- You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you or any member of your party cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we reserve the right to make a charge for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant.
Safety and Security
- You will be given a safety briefing upon arrival. Guests must follow instructions with regards to safety of selves and others at all times. Guests are expected to make themselves aware of fire evacuation procedures, and not undertake any activity that may cause risk of fire or injury to self others or property. Guests must ensure when leaving the property that they close bedroom windows, ensure that deck and main entrance doors are closed properly behind them, take precautions to secure their property. Guests must also ensure all lights, heaters and the bathroom fans are turned off before leaving.
- Please note we do not take any responsibility for the security of your vehicle (s) or valuables.
- Please also ensure that any keys issued to you stay in your possession until the time of your departure when they must be handed back to the owners/staff.
- In the rare case that due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot deliver Your requested accommodation, you will be offered alternate accommodation if possible or a full refund of any monies paid by You. This is the limit of our liability.
- Other than for death or personal injury caused only by Our negligence or misrepresentation, our total liability to You is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will We be responsible for any indirect or special damages. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to Us or Our property by Your act, omission, default or neglect and You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss